This is one of our family favorites. It is one of the few meals that everyone eats. It is probably our most requested dinner. Anytime I take this meal to people, I always get asked for the recipe. Like they hunt me down until I give them the recipe. Hope you like it too! -Shelly
Honey Lime Enchiladas
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons lime juice (1-2 large limes)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (I normally use less when making it for others)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded (3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 8-10 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces green enchilada sauce (like the Herdez brand)
- 1 cup heavy cream, sour cream or half-and-half
- Whisk together the first four ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the marinade into a Ziploc bag (or other covered container) and toss with the shredded chicken. Refrigerate and let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Lightly grease a 9X13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour about 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream (or sour cream/half-and-half) and leftover marinade (if you have any).
- Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until brown and crispy on top.
Freezable Meal: Freeze prior to baking. To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake enchiladas, covered (without thawing first) for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, until brown and crispy on top.