Friday, November 27, 2015

Death by Chocolate Mousse




This was really good and easy to make. I had to buy the springform pan, but I was glad I did. I found the recipe at allrecipes.
I'd give it 5 stars.
Submitted by Chris

Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease a 9" springform pan with 2 3/4" sides.

Mix together:
21 Oreo cookies, crushed
1/4 cup butter, softened
Press into bottom of greased springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, allow to cool.

In top of double boiler combine:
1 cup whip cream
1 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
Heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into a bowl and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.

In another bowl, combine
2 cups chilled whip cream
1/4 cup sugar
Beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into cooled chocolate mixture, pour into cooled crust. Chill at least 6 hours and top with
1 cup whip cream
1/4 sugar 
Or use spray whip cream

No comments:

Post a Comment