Sunday, June 8, 2025

Jessica’s Spaghetti Casserole

My kids request this one a lot. It’s like a two-in-one Alfredo and red sauce dish. I got this recipe off of “Ourfauxfarmhouse” Instagram page. I just made a few changes.  It’s easy and delicious!


Ingredients 

-1 lb ground beef

- 1/2 onion chopped

- 1/2 Tbl minced garlic 

- 24 oz spaghetti sauce 

- 1 tsp Italian seasoning

- 1 lb spaghetti noodles 

- 1 stick of butter 

- 2 cups of heavy cream

- pepper to taste

- Salt to taste 

- 1/2 tsp garlic powder 

- 1 cup grated Parmesan 

- 2 cups shredded mozzarella 

- 1/2 cup of sugar *(see note) 

Directions:

◦ preheat your oven to 350°F.

◦ in a large saucepan, brown ground beef, stirring in the diced onion and minced garlic until the onions are translucent.

◦ drain grease and add the meat back to your pan.

◦ pour jar of pasta sauce and Italian seasonings.

◦ remove from heat and set aside.

◦ boil pot of water and cook your spaghetti noodles. I leave them slightly undercooked because they also go into the oven. 

◦ alfredo sauce: melt one stick of butter in a large pan, then slowly add heavy cream, whisking as you bring the sauce to a light simmer.

◦ add garlic powder and pepper to taste.

◦ turn off the heat and stir in your parmesan cheese until fully melted and incorporated.

◦ drain noodles and mix them into the pan with the alfredo sauce.

◦ pour the alfredo covered spaghetti into a lightly sprayed 9x13 casserole dish or foil pan.

◦ spoon your spaghetti and meat sauce over the alfredo noodles without mixing, just layering it on top.

◦ cover with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly

◦ **Note: the recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sugar. I think she adds this to the spaghetti sauce. But because she never mentioned it in the directions, I forgot to add it and it was still delicious. So I never add it on purpose now.

No comments:

Post a Comment