Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mom's Mud Pie

The one and only! I know we all LOVE this dessert! Jorden always requests this for his birthday instead of cake. 



  • 1 package Nabisco chocolate ice box cookies, crushed
  • 1 cube butter, melted
  • combine, press into 9x12 pan, freeze
Spread 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream over crumbs, freeze

Melt 2 squares unsweetened chocolate with 1 cube butter, cool a little and add 2 beaten eggs and 2 cups powdered sugar. 
Spread on top of ice cream and freeze
Top with cool whip and cashews.

2 comments:

  1. Couple suggestions....1) if you can't find ice box cookies, I have used a box of chocolate Teddy Grahams with good success (ice box cookies are better) 2) also a square of unsweetened baking chocolate in this recipe is equal to one ounce (last time I bought it it wasn't in the typical 1 ounce squares but in 1/4 oz squares)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting about this Shelly, I noticed that about the chocolate squares too. I also cannot find the Nabisco cookies anywhere. I usually use a pack of Oreos and just take out all the cream.

    ReplyDelete